Friday, March 16, 2012

$250 MILLION? CHICKENFEED!

The arrogance of the owning class knows no bounds. Take the case of Mitt Romney who is estimated to have a fortune worth about $250 million. "Mitt Romney's wife says she doesn't consider herself to be wealthy. In an interview Monday on Fox News, the wife of the Republican presidential front-runner, Ann Romney, was asked about criticism that her husband can seem out of touch with average Americans. .... She added: "How I measure riches is by the friends I have and the loved ones I have and the people that I care about in my life, and that's where my values are and that's where my riches are. ... Mitt Romney has drawn criticism for offhand remarks that point to the wide economic divide separating him and nearly all other Americans. ....While campaigning in Michigan, Romney referred to his wife driving "a couple of Cadillacs" as he pointed to his longstanding support of American automakers." (Washington Post, 6 March) RD

No comments: